A- Complete in at least 250 words.
All answers must be in your own words, with sources cited.
What was the want/need/desire?
I wanted a designer purse. This was an emotional want, not rational.
How did it create tension in your life?
I started to notice everyone else’s purse brands, and began feeling my purse was not as good and didn’t say that I was successful.
What did the tension drive you to do?
I began to research the different purse brands, and based on status and cost, I decided I wanted a Dooney & Burke $300 purse.
How did the your behavior change do to this drive?
I went out with my friends one time less a week, and saved that money. After 2 months I had saved the cash for the purse. On days I felt like going out, I’d go to the department store and visit the purse.
How did you reduce the tension?
I bought the purse. Funny thing was when I took it home I sat it on a table & stared at it. I couldn’t believe I spent $300 for a purse. For what? So OTHER people would think I was successful? I decided I wouldn’t want friends that would judge me by brand names anyway, so I took the purse back unused.
What did this process tell you about yourself?
I just don’t care that much about brand names or status symbols – I look at people, and myself, for how they act, not what they have. Since that time I have put a $90 limit on purses and shoes
B- Complete the assignment posted by your instructor. Write at least 250 words.
PART 1: Refer to our materials and slides on the brand personality framework.
1. Give five examples of how personality traits can be used in consumer research.
PART 2: Refer to our slides/materials on Maslow’s Hierarchy of needs, which is that you cannot try to satisfy a higher-level need unless the lower level needs have already been met.
2. For each of the following products, select one level from Maslow’s hierarchy of human needs. Describe how you would use the need you selected in promoting the product to a market segment of your choice. The products are: e-readers, expensive shoes, and vacation homes.
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Maslow’s need hierarchy in segmentation and positioning?
All answers must be in your own words, with sources cited.
|Need level||Purchase decision|
|Psychological||At this basic level my need is to simply get somewhere. Public transportation like a bus or trolley will do.|
|Safety & Security||I may not feel safe on the bus or trolley, so at this time I may buy a cheap used car – no air conditioning, no power windows, no MP3 dock, just something that will get me from point A to point B.|
|Social||Now I need something that matches my social life – maybe it’s having the same type of brand that is popular with my friends, or maybe I would like a four door so I can take more friends with me – or a convertible to pick up on people!|
|Ego||I want to show I am successful, and my car should show it. I am going to buy a Mercedes or BMW or something fancy.|
|Self Actualization||I don’t feel I have to get a car for anyone other than what suits my needs and wants. I like sports, I have dogs, I am environmentally conscious – I will pick a 4 door hatchback with good mileage.|
C-Complete the assignment posted by your instructor. Answer in at least 250 words. Cite any sources
Now that you know what classical conditioning is, think about how this is used in advertising to influence consumers.
D-Complete the assignment posted by your instructor. Answer in at least 250 words. All answers must be in your own words, with sources cited.
1. This week as you are watching TV, reading magazines, listening to radio, etc.; find examples of ads that use each of the following types of appeals. Explain 3 ads you recently saw/heard, what is was for and how this type of appeal was used.
2. Why are both attitudinal and behavioral measures important in measuring brand loyalty? Apply an example to the brand you are focusing on in this class.
3. Explain how situational factors are likely to influence the degree of consistency between attitudes and behavior.
F-Complete the assignment posted by your instructor. Answer in at least 250 words.
Since popular media (i.e.TV in the 1950’s, internet/digital/social media now) has become more accessible, it has changed the way people view what is normal and what people “need” to have. For example, many times we don’t know something exists until we see it on TV or the internet, and suddenly we HAVE to have it. A young kid thinks they are poor because EVERYONE else has certain shoes, phones, etc.
1. How do you feel marketing has influenced the consumer behavior of families? Is this making it harder for families to keep their heads above water?
2. What are a few product examples that are associated with the poor, the working class, and the rich?
3. Do you feel it is ethical for marketers to target children so they influence their parents to buy products – why or why not?
You have been retained by the Walt Disney Company as a marketing consultant to design a study investigating how families make vacation decisions.
1. Among the family members, whom would you interview? What kind of questions would you ask?
2. How would you assess the relative power of each family member in making vacation-related decisions?
Consider our materials on “family decision making” in your answer.
G-Complete the assignment posted by your instructor. Answer in at least 250 words, in your own words. Cite any sources.
1. Distinguish among beliefs, values, and customs.
2. Illustrate how the clothing a person wears at different times or for different occasions is influenced by customs.
PART 2 – Interview.
Refer to the major age subcultures in the materials this week.
1. Interview one person who is a baby boomer and one person who is Gen Y (Millennial) regarding the purchase of a car.
2. Prepare a report on the differences in attitudes between the two individuals.
3. Do your findings support the text’s discussion of the differences between boomers and Gen Y buyers?
H-Complete the assignment posted by your instructor in at least 250 words.
I-Complete the assignment posted by your instructor in at least 250 words.
Companies are smart if they can get their products to be part of a consumer’s evoked set of gifts for certain occasions – like bringing wine to a party.
Share your own example of a gift you would give in your culture for each of the following gifting categories:
J-Complete the assignment posted by your instructor. Answer in at least 250 words.
LG is introducing a TV with a 77” Ultra HD TV wide screen that has higher screen resolution than other TVs and advanced signal processing system. The TV’s introductory price is $5,000.
K-As a final assignment, summarize the key learnings you had in this class.
Cover these areas:
Be sure to use terminology and be specific with examples, and cite any souces.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more