1. You are required to have 3 posts in each discussion and these three posts must be made on three separate days. The first post is the initial response to the question that appropriately and completely addresses the topic. This must be completed by 11:59 p.m. (EST) Thursday night. It is best to post it at the beginning of the week. The remaining two posts are responses to two different classmates. The first response to a classmate is due Saturday at 11:59 p.m. (EST) and the second response to a classmate is due on Sunday at 11:59 p.m. (EST). Responses to me do not count as a response to another student; however, I will interact with each of you throughout the course. I encourage you to respond back. If you do not post on three separate days you will lose points (possible 15 point deduction).
*There will be a deduction of 5 points per day that the initial post is late. Posts are not accepted after the week closes on Sunday night.
2. Your initial post (your response to the topic) must contain a citation. It is your ideas supported by research. Please refer to the APA Power Point in the Start Here section of the classroom for information on proper formatting. There will be a deduction of 20 points for failure to cite a source within your initial post and to provide a reference at the end of your initial post.
3. Your initial post must be a minimum of 300 words and each response must be a minimum of 200 words. Please double-check your word count. Only posts that meet the word count requirements receive credit.
4. Post your word count at the end of each post. There will be a 5 point deduction for each failure to provide a word count.
5. Please address fellow students and professor by name. There will be a 5 point deduction for each failure to address by name.
6. Please use spell-check and proper grammar. Points will be deducted for each spelling and grammatical error up to 10 points for each post.
|Psych Discussion Post||Due By||Cited Source – In Text and Reference||Word Count||Point Value|
|Post 1 – Initial Response is well organized, includes a citation, addresses topic, and demonstrates critical thinking||Thursday||Yes – mandatory||300||50 points|
|Post 2 – Response to 1st student is well organized, includes classmate’s name, addresses topic, and demonstrates critical thinking||Saturday||Not required, but must cite any work used||200||25 points|
|Post 3 – Response to 2nd student is well organized, includes classmate’s name, addresses topic, and demonstrates critical thinking||Sunday||Not required, but must cite any work used||200||25 points|
|PSYCHOLOGY DISCUSSION RUBRIC|
|Above Average (89%)
|Approaches Standard (69%)
|Needs Improvement (59%)
|Initial Post (50)||Reveals mastery of the material, critical assessment, and thorough exploration of the subject matter. Demonstrates mastery of grammar, punctuation, spelling, mechanics, and usage and with no errors.||Reveals some mastery of the material although further exploration would have increased the value of the post; some critical assessment although portions of the material may be vague. Demonstrates proficiency of grammar, punctuation, spelling, mechanics, and usage with fewer than three errors||Reveals knowledge of the subject matter although more exploration is needed; some critical assessment was noted although more in-depth perspective would have enhanced the work. Understanding of grammar, punctuation, spelling, mechanics, and usage with fewer than five errors||May highlight what the reading material offers but does not apply further exploration of the subject matter; critical assessment is lacking. Improvement in some areas of grammar, punctuation, spelling, mechanics, and usage; fewer than ten errors but retains clarity throughout most of post.||Uses personal opinion only without any exploration of additional possibilities; no critical assessment is noted. Needs improvement in grammar, punctuation, spelling, mechanics, and usage; more than fifteen errors; errors affect clarity of post.||Unable to score because there was no engagement in the discussion.|
|Criteria||25/25 per post||22/ 25 per post||20/ 25 per post||17/ 25 per post||15/ 25 per post||0/ 25 per post|
|Peer Responses (25 per post)||Promotes further discussion on the subject matter through thought-provoking peer responses; demonstrates depth of analysis of topic and peer’s post; Makes use of source support, as needed, and in proper APA format, grammar, punctuation, spelling, mechanics and usage with no errors||Promotes further discussion on the subject matter through meaningful comments that demonstrate understanding of topic and peer’s post. Makes use of source support, as needed, but may not fully use proper APA format, grammar, punctuation, spelling, mechanics and usage with fewer than three errors||Engages peers but does not promote further consideration of the material so that additional learning takes place. Uses some source support, though it may not be scholarly or in the appropriate APA format, grammar, punctuation, spelling, mechanics and usage with fewer than five errors.||Peer engagement does not encourage depth of academic thought or is based on personal opinion only. Uses some source support, though it may not be scholarly or in the appropriate APA format, with fewer than ten errors in grammar, spelling, mechanics and usage||Peer responses do not add substance or promote engagement in the discussion in a meaningful way; comments are superficial or off topic. Extremely limited or no source support noted; improper or missing APA format, and grammar, spelling, mechanics affect clarity||Unable to score because there was no engagement in the discussion.|
Professionalism is a very serious matter in your online class at Keiser University and in the field of psychology. Our mission is to provide you with an education that prepares you to succeed in the workplace and in graduate programs.
Please use the following guidelines in our discussion forum and in all communication at Keiser University:
Week 1 Topic:
“Reliability and Validity”
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more